A lawyer must abide by the following in his or her practice:
1. Lawful practice.
2. A lawyer involved in litigation may, in accordance with procedural laws, collect and consult materials pertaining to the case he is handling, correspond and meet with a person with restricted movement, appear in court, participate in proceedings, and other actions provided for in the procedure laws.
3. A lawyer acting on behalf of a defendant has the right to argue or present a defense in accordance with the law.
4. In legal affairs, a lawyer can, with the consent of a unit or individual, make inquiries of units or individuals.
5. A lawyer's personal rights cannot be violated.
6. A lawyer involved in a civil proceeding has all the rights authorized by the party he is representing.
7. A lawyer can ask for a duplicate of different kinds of documents pertaining to a case of litigation he is handling.